Day Thirty Eight: The Happy, Shiny Me


After writing yesterday's post about statues, I had this odd sensation. It was vaguely familiar, though I had to sit with it for a while before I could identify it. And then it dawned on me.

It was motivation.

Once I figured it out, I had to move quickly because, in the cyclical emotions of grief, all good feelings are fleeting ones. So I dusted off my sewing machine and decided to make something, anything. But all I had were brown grocery bags and duct tape. Hmm.

A funny question entered my mind: What would McGyver do? Well, he would make an airplane for sure, but I decided that he would also make a really cool messenger bag. So that's what I did. You can see pics of the bag here.

Feeling like I was on a roll, I wandered into the kitchen. After checking my internal "motivation" gauge, I decided to make pizza dough. And when Dave came home, he was greeted by the kids singing a pizza song and the smell of pepperoni sizzling in the oven. Here's a picture of one of our pizzas before they were devoured:

Pepperoni Pizza with fresh garlic and basil. Recipe to come.


See? Proof of my former happy, shiny self.

I hope this feeling lasts a little while longer. I'd like to make a birthday present for my friend. But maybe I should shop around for a back-up gift, just in case.

The pendulum is due to swing yet again.